[Mediawiki-l] Two instances on the same host

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Sat Dec 12 10:22:49 UTC 2009

  Hi,

  I did not find any info relative to this topic in the doc.  I have two virtual hosts on a server, accessed by two different domain names.  From the outside they look exactly as two different servers.  From the inside, they have two different web homes, two different SVN home of repositories, etc.

  For MediaWiki, I wonder whether it is possible to use the same principle: to have the software installed only once, and use it from two different virtual hosts (by configuring two different databases, two different directories for extensions, etc.)

  As far as I know, I have instead to install MediaWiki twice.  So I cannot use the package in my OS's packaging system...

  Any thought/confirmation on this?

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges