[Mediawiki-l] hidden page

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sat Dec 12 00:11:04 UTC 2009

I think it's fair to say that the philosophy behind MediaWiki is
egalitarian and based upon freely shared information, and that while
there are extensions that allow you to do limited page-hiding, the
base functionality of MediaWiki does not support it well, and there
may be many ways to get around it.

> From: Huib Laurens <sterkebak at gmail.com>
>
> Not true, it can be changed.
>
> Please don't post incorrect answers, they aren't helping.
>
> huib
>
> 2009/12/11, nevio carlos de alarc?o <nevinhoalarcao at gmail.com>:
>> Hi, wiki pages are visible to all. Regards, Nevio
>>
>> 2009/12/11 Huib Laurens <sterkebak at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Could you please explain futher what you mean.
>>>
>>> A administrator can delete a page, that way its not visible for non
>>> admins, or do you mean hidding a namespace ?
>>>
>>> Huib

>>> non-administrators.

>>> --
>>> Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
>>>
>>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

>> --
>> {+}Nevinho
>> Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!
>>

> --
> Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

:::: The Apocalypse has Four Horsemen: climate change, habitat
destruction, industrial agriculture, and poverty. Each Horseman holds
a whip called Growth in his hand. None can be stopped unless all are
stopped. -- David Foley ::::

:::: Jan Steinman, Communication Steward, EcoReality <http://www.EcoReality.org