[Mediawiki-l] problems with dumpBackup.php and importDump.php, also SSI in MW

Ron Laufer gonzoron at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 20:51:53 UTC 2009

OK, disregard question 1, I figured out that the user and password are supposed to be the user and password for MySQL, not the wiki.

But question 2 stands...

Thanks,

Ron

--

Ron Laufer

From: gonzoron at hotmail.com
To: mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: problems with dumpBackup.php and importDump.php, also SSI in MW
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:21:38 -0500

Hi,
1) I'm new to MW and having issues with dumpBackup.php and importDump.php.  Both give me the same error:

# php maintenance/dumpBackup.php --full

DB connection error: Access denied for user 'Admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (localhost)

I do have $wgDBadminuser and $wgDBadminpassword set in AdminSettings.php. I believe they are set correctly, since I can login to the wiki with the same name and password.  Any idea what else I might be doing wrong?

2) Is it possible to use SSI in MW without it being stripped out?  I've tried commenting out the "removeHTMLcomments" function in Sanitizer.php, but the HTML comment with the SSI in it still doesn't show up when I view source on the wiki display page in my browser. Even if it did, since the page doesn't have an shtml extension, I'm fairly sure it won't work.
Has anyone done this and can you talk a n00b through it?

Ron

--

Ron Laufer