[Mediawiki-l] overriding image page

Tim Cronin tccroninv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 17:10:38 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have the need to override the default action when clicking an image/file.
I would like to have the images show either the image on a blank page or
have nothing happen onclick.  However, when you click on a PDF, it will
begin the download.  Currently when clicking a file or image you are first
sent to the image page but I would like to completely remove this
functionality as there is no reason to show it most times in my
installation.  I have looked through the hook list at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Hooks and can't find a suitable hook.
I have also looked through the source, but can't seem to find a hook that
was left out of the hook list.

If there is anybody that has done this or knows a good path to follow, I am
open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance,

Tim Cronin