[Mediawiki-l] Problem after restore

beachboy4231 beachboy4231 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 03:19:20 UTC 2009

After restoring a wiki backup I'm having a problem with namespaces.
Namespace "XYZ" was not defined in my old server's LocalSettings.php, the
pages were added just by typing in the namespace before each new page name
ie. XYZ:Pagename. Now on the new server, after restoring the backup, all
pages in namespace XYZ don't exist. When a link to a page in namespace XYZ
is clicked, the create new page is shown. As I said before, I fear this was
caused by not specifying the namespaces in LocalSettings.php on the old
server. Adding a namespace declaration in the new server's LocalSettings.php
doesn't fix the problem either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!