[Mediawiki-l] Re-Writing page titles

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Dec 6 12:21:59 UTC 2009

On Saturday 05 December 2009 20:15:22 Clayton wrote:
> > <big snip>
>
> Haha.. it was a bit long winded :-)

Oops - sorry about that :-)

> I think it was with 1.1.15 that DISPLAYTITLE was finally allowed to
> rewrite the entire title - prior to that we were using an extension that
> did the same thing.

That's good to know.

> > Can I ask which breadcrumbs extension you use with it?  We haven't yet
> > made a decision on that, so would be interested to hear your experience.
>
> The Breadcrumbs show up automatically when you use subpages as long as
> your subpages below the current page have content/exist.  We haven't
> installed any extension to handle this.

Now that does confuse me.  On my page Applications/Office there are links to a
couple of pages with content. Are you saying that I should see breadcrumbs on
Applications/Office?  I don't.  I wonder, if you don't use an extension,
whether there is something that must be enabled, then?  (Btw, we are using
1.16alpha on this sandbox.)

> If you want to see a detailed list of installed extensions on the
> OOoWiki, I've documented them here:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Help:Extensions

Wow!  That's quite a list!  I recognise some of those names, but not others.
There are some there that would definitely be useful to us.  Thanks for
sharing that with us.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group