[Mediawiki-l] Multiple wikis with GoDaddy's sharedhosting

Ekompute .info ekompute at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 14:37:48 UTC 2009

Hi, I have been scouting the internet for how to have a common set of
Mediawiki files (in one common folder) for all my wikis.

Because of the way GoDaddy creates the IP address for each wiki, I believe I
have to have the specific LocalSettings.php file inside each individual
subfolder (unlike some examples that are available in the internet). I don't
know whether my problem is more than linking the subfolder to the common
folder (containing the Mediawiki files).

Anyone knows if there is a writeup somewhere which I may have missed? I have
written to GoDaddy but apparently, well, they ask me to upgrade to dedicated
computer or something like that.

--
PM Poon