[Mediawiki-l] syntax error MediaWiki 1.15.1

George Alexandru Dudău george.dudau at mobexpert.ro
Sat Dec 5 10:32:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'am running MediaWiki 1.15.1 and i have a strange problem in browsers
Firefox and IE7 and 8.

In firefox, firebug says:

syntax error
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD
XHTML...TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">\n

and point to first line

In IE : Webpage error details

Message: Syntax error
Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: index.php?title=-&action=raw&gen=js&useskin=monobook

Line 1 is <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

All page is render ok, but the messege in IE is disturbing.

In a test server ai install mediawiki from svn but same problem. In
version 1.16 i don't have this error, but my custom skin have a lot
problems.

Thank you,
Geo