[Mediawiki-l] Upgrading to Mediawiki 1.15

Thomas Quinet tquinet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 14:50:14 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I run into a problem when trying to upgrade my mediawiki. I am hosted on a
mutualised server with provider OVH (www.ovh.com)

When I run the update script (through SSH, located in the maintenance
folder), I have the following message:

**********************

titje at ssh1:~/www/maintenance$ /usr/local/bin/php.ORIG.5 update.php --aconf
../AdminSettings.php

MediaWiki 1.15.1 Updater

A connection to the database could not be established. Check the

values of $wgDBadminuser and $wgDBadminpassword.

titje at ssh1:~/www/maintenance$

The strange thing is that if I run in the same session a mysqldump command
with the same user & password for the dB, the script runs without problem.

Does anyone would have a clue on what goes wrong?

I am convinced I use the correct db user & pwd..

Thanks

Thomas