[Mediawiki-l] Anyone tried any S3 integration?

Jon Davis wiki at konsoletek.com
Tue Dec 1 23:28:32 UTC 2009

It came up again (as it has in the past on this list) the idea of
integrating MedaWiki with Amazon's S3 "file cloud".  Has anyone tried to do
this? Had any success?  More importantly if it hasn't been done, is it even
possible (I've been informed that SpecialUpload lacks the proper hooks to
override it completely with an extension)?

There was a placeholder page created
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AmazonS3 that hasn't been updated in
2+ years, so I'm guessing that probably isn't happening anytime soon.

Anyways, I was just curious. Thanks

--
Jon
[[User:ShakataGaNai]]