[Mediawiki-l] [Foundation-l] 31 august, 20 years of our national holiday "Our romanian language" in Moldova, mo.wikipedia still in cyrillic !

Cetateanu Moldovanu cetateanumd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 14:41:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:45 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/8/31 Cetateanu Moldovanu <cetateanumd at gmail.com>:
>
> > I said OUR, OUR country, OUR language, OUR latin script and alphabet.
> Please
> > respect us.
>

> If  by "respect" you mean "agree" and "do what I say" ... then I'm not
> surprised you have no insight as to why no-one cares about your
> request.

Please don't change my words.

It was already promised
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2008-November/047554.html
that
it will change, this mail is a remind of that promise that we remember.

Today is one of the biggest and most important national moldavian holiday !
And just want let you know about that, and about the fact that there is some
anomaly on the very influential and biggest encyclopedia in the world,
Wikipedia. And to my surprise, Wikipedia move very very slow to do anything,
even if was already promised.

>Cyrillic Moldovan is at best inaccurate and at worse understandably highly
offensive.
Indeed.
Usually moldovan people are very shocked when they discover the actual
version of mo.wikipedia, read your own (
http://apps.facebook.com/causes/39775 - Delete "moldovan" Wikipedia 2805
members)  http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1639/31082009163401.png (page the
comment of the users)