[Mediawiki-l] Left-hand panel or right-hand panel?

Ekompute .info ekompute at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 19:18:51 UTC 2009

Hi, I was just wondering whether it is better to have the panel of the
Mediawiki skin on the left or on the right.
I understand that panels on the right-hand side facilitate search engine
optimization (SEO) but I have not seen any difference at all to my Alexa
ranking after I changed the panel to the right a month ago. Personally, I am
so used to the panel on the left. Moreover, I am left-handed and that makes
it so much harder for me to access the panel on the right. I believe that
right-handed users would find WordPress layouts more friendly since the
panel is located at the right.
Opinions greatly appreciated. I am thinking of returning the panel to the
left.

--
PM Poon

* http://dummipedia.org The 5-Minute Concise Encyclopedia