[Mediawiki-l] Wikimania Codeathon in Buenos Aires next week

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 19 18:13:14 UTC 2009

Wikimania’s classic “Hacking Days” event is back, and better than ever
as the Wikimania Codeathon will be open throughout the entire conference
this year:

http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_Codeathon

Based on the success of April’s Developer Meet-up in Berlin, we’re
starting with an “unconference”-style planning session to let attendees
break out into common working groups.

The fun begins at 10am Tuesday, August 25 (note — this is the day before
the main conference begins). The coding room will remain open throughout
the rest of the conference, so folks can pop in and out between other
sessions.

We’ll be in Room F at the Centro Cultural, which should be nicely
spacious. Non-developers are welcome during the conference if you just
need a quiet place to sit and check on your sockpuppet accounts. ;)

There’ll be a wrap-up presentation in Room 3 at 14:00 Friday, August 28
to give folks a chance to do mini-talks on what they’ve been working on.

If you’re planning to attend, either in person or virtually via IRC,
please add yourself to the list on the wiki to help coordinate:

http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_Codeathon#I.27m_interested

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)
CTO, Wikimedia Foundation
San Francisco