[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki- and Xampp-Upgrade

Katharina Wolkwitz wolkwitz at fh-swf.de
Mon Aug 17 09:47:44 UTC 2009

Hi all,

at the moment I've got my wiki running with mediawiki 1.14.0 and Xampp 1.7.1
(PHP 5.2.9 (apache2handler), MySQL 5.1.33)

When I tried to upgrad to Xampp 1.7.2 last Friday, I ran into some problems with
 the SelectCategory- and CategoryTree-extensions, so I made a new test-clone of
my production-machine (easy, because I'm using VMs), to get a clean test-machine
before trying again.

Xampp 1.7.2 comes with Apache 2.2.12, MySQL 5.1.37, PHP 5.3.0 and now I'm
wondering, wether it would be better to
- upgrade Mediawiki to the current version before upgrading Xampp
- upgrade Xampp first and get the extensions-problems solved before upgrading
Mediawiki
- upgrade Xampp first and get the extensions-problems solved without upgrading
Mediawiki
- upgrade Mediawiki without upgrading Xampp (at least for the moment)
- leave the whole system as it is
???

Has anyone here upgraded to Xampp 1.7.2 yet and are willing to share their
experiences with me?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Katharina Wolkwitz

Fachhochschule Südwestfalen