[Mediawiki-l] WAMP and Uploads

Rob Isakson rob.isakson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 22:45:07 UTC 2009

Hey Everyone,

I've been looking around all day and all the solutions I have tried did not
work. My issue is a fairly common one. After uploading a file I get:

Internal Error
Could not rename file "C:\wamp\tmp\php16F.tmp" to "public/c/c7/test.png"

media wiki creates the folders "c" and "c7" inside of the images folder, but
fails to move the image. During the upload i can see the
file "C:\wamp\tmp\php16F.tmp"  being created, then disappearing.

I tried changing directory permissions in windows, changing the upload dir
for mediawiki and changing the the mediawiki upload permissions. file upload
is enabled in PHP.

This is a wamp virtual host, the sites are located on the D: and wamp is
installed (obviously) to the C:.

The windows issues I found seemed to be related to IIS, which doesn't apply
here since apache runs under whatever user opens wamp.

Any help would be great, Thanks!

-Rob