[Mediawiki-l] How do you remove edit buttons from the toolbar?

Matthias Korn matsch at rockinchina.com
Sun Aug 16 11:45:33 UTC 2009

Hi Platonides,

Am Sun, 16 Aug 2009 00:34:31 +0200
schrieb Platonides <Platonides at gmail.com>:

[ Removing buttons from the editing toolbar, code at
http://wiki.rockinchina.com/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Common.js ]

> It doesn't work because the removing code is run before the button are
> added.

Ok, this sound reasonable.. ;-)

> Try this instead:
>
> > function addButton(imageFile, speedTip, tagOpen, tagClose,
> > sampleText, imageId) { if ((imageId=="mw-editbutton-image") ||
> > (imageId=="mw-editbutton-media")) return;
> > mwEditButtons[mwEditButtons.length] = {"imageId": imageId,
> > 		 "imageFile": imageFile,
> > 		 "speedTip": speedTip,
> > 		 "tagOpen": tagOpen,
> > 		 "tagClose": tagClose,
> > 		 "sampleText": sampleText};
> > }

I don't quite understand what you suggest with this function. How would
I use it to *remove* some of the default buttons? Adding custom buttons
works fine...

Best,
matsch

--