[Mediawiki-l] page appears in both NS_MAIN and NS_PROJECT

Łukasz Garczewski tor at wikia-inc.com
Sun Aug 9 18:57:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 8:01 PM, <jidanni at jidanni.org> wrote:
> On http://radioscanningtw.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Allpages do you see
> the page台描:頻率間隔 ?
>
> Well, this is a rare case of a page that was created with a prefix that
> would later match NS_PROJECT.
>
> I.e., not waiting for them to change $wgSitename first, I created that
> page as if it was already in that namespace anyway.
>
> Now no matter how much I delete it, I can't get it out of
> Special:Allpages.
>
> So I suppose I should ask them to change $wgSitename to something
> else, create, then delete the page, then change $wgSitename back?
>
> Then later I can recreate the page so that it only will appear in
> Special:Allpages/Project:, instead of both namespaces.
>
> Is that how one deals with pages like this?

That's one of the ways to handle it. I'll take care of the problem shortly.

For future problems with your Wikia wiki, please contact a member of
our Community Team <http://www.wikia.com/wiki/ComTeam> or use
<http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contact>.

As this is a general MediaWiki mailing list, most readers are not
interested in Wikia issues.

Plus, we'll resolve the problem much faster if you let us know via one
of these channels. ;) Thanks!

--
Lucas 'TOR' Garczewski
Wikia Tech Team