[Mediawiki-l] twittering recent changes through twitterfeed [was: REGEXP for wiki tables]

Christensen, Courtney ChristensenC at BATTELLE.ORG
Wed Aug 5 15:29:21 UTC 2009

-----Original Message----- From: Matthias Korn
>Another idea, which comes to my mind just now, would be to have the new
>pages show the rendered html page rather than the wiki source.
>Possible? Is there a switch?
>
>Thanks,
>matsch

There are a few ways to do this I think.  Do you know that there is an RSS feed available from your wiki pages?  I bet you could pass the RSS feed for the recent changes page to twitterfeed or something like that.

You could definitely write a new extension that made a cleaned RSS feed of new pages on your wiki available.  (If one hasn't already been written.)  That would be useful to anyone who wanted to subscribe with an aggregator and not just follow you on twitter.

Good luck,
Courtney