[Mediawiki-l] wiki versus Word, part 2

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Tue Apr 28 19:13:48 UTC 2009

SharePoint has changed TREMENDOUSLY since 2000.

We use both MediaWiki and SharePoint at my job. Each has its strengths and weaknesses.  We use the wiki for general knowledge and SharePoint for documents.

SharePoint is a much more complex product than MediaWiki however.  Don't install it unless you are prepared to hire an in-house SharePoint expert or two.  Any PHP programmer can learn to be a MediaWiki admin, given time, but SharePoint administration requires a deep background (in SharePoint) to do well.

DanB