[Mediawiki-l] wiki versus Word, part 2

McHale, Nina Nina.McHale at ucdenver.edu
Tue Apr 28 17:45:57 UTC 2009

Hey, all,

Thanks for your quick and fantastic responses! I am loving this list. :)

I take the excellent point about looking at whether this is the right tool for the job. However, the decision to use a wiki comes out of two consultant recommendations to use a wiki and reactions to a failed Sharepoint intranet installation (dating to around 2000) that people hated because it required use of proprietary software, in that case, Microsoft FrontPage. Moreover, the specific decision to use MediaWiki was vetted through all of the proper channels, and no one raised any objections.

Thanks again, everyone!

Nina

Nina McHale, MA/MSLS
Assistant Professor, Web Librarian
Auraria Library
http://library.auraria.edu/~nmchale/
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=672599042>
Twitter: ninermac
Serving the University of Colorado Denver,
Metropolitan State College of Denver,
and the Community College of Denver
1100 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 80204