[Mediawiki-l] MW v 1.9 - Can I change meta & title tags?

Tim Ware tim at hyperarts.com
Sun Apr 26 00:22:24 UTC 2009

On Apr 25, 2009, at 5:00 PM, Platonides wrote:

> Tim Ware wrote:
>> I tried an extension called Meta extensions which uses a file called
>> meta.php, but it only added the description meta tag, and a duplicate
>> keywords meta tag.
>>
>> I'm most interested in modifying the <title> tag, and haven't found a
>> way to do this.
>
> Modify... in which way?
> You could change the skin, but the best way is probably at OutputPage.

Well, either with an extension or a modification to the skin, perhaps
so that the title tag was the same as the page name. So if you can
suggest an "output page" that will do this, or a skin mod, I'd be
appreciative.

I've tried Meta.php and AddMetas.php and Add_HTML_Meta_and_Title.php,
and none works with the title tag.

Thanks.

Tim