[Mediawiki-l] Placement of the magic words

Alejandro Exojo alex at disperso.net
Sun Apr 19 18:49:13 UTC 2009

Hi.

Just a minor issue: which is the rule for the placement of magic words? I've
added __NOINDEX__ to the bottom of two pages, and only one worked. Then I
moved the text to the top of the problematic page, and it worked. Then I
discovered that the problem was not the placement: the page in which the
magic word wasn't working was in a category, and I added the [[Category:Foo]]
just before the magic word.

Is this the expected behaviour? Do the magic words need a special placement or
any formatting constraint, or is this a bug? I found it with 1.14.0.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alex