[Mediawiki-l] DEADLINE for WMDE contract applications

Daniel Kinzler daniel at brightbyte.de
Thu Apr 16 15:37:46 UTC 2009

Hello all

At the developer meetup, I announced that Wikimedia Deutschland is offering
contracts for a couple of projects we feel are important. We again invite anyone
to apply NOW for any project that interests you.

  The DEADLINE for applying is SUNDAY, APRIL 19!

We did not receive any offer for the most urgent project:  Evaluate the impact
of using flagged revisions on the German Wikipedia, see
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMDE_contract_offers/Evaluate_the_impact_of_using_flagged_revisions>.

We feel that it would be very helpful to run a full analysis on this before the
English language Wikipedia decides on how to implement flagged revisions. It's a
powerful tool, and we should make sure we use it to it's full potential.

Below, the other projects are listed again:

* Rewrite CatScan, a tool for finding pages in a set of categories recursively,
based on various criteria -
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMDE_contract_offers/Rewrite_CatScan

* Store interwiki-links in the database, just like we already store
interlanguage-links -
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMDE_contract_offers/Store_interwiki-links_in_the_database

* Improve the Gadgets extension to allow for gadgets to be enabled per default,
be restricted to specific user groups, etc -
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMDE_contract_offers/Improve_the_Gadets_extension

* Implement full support for TIFF files, including multi-page TIFFs, similar to
how DjVu is handled -
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMDE_contract_offers/Implement_full_support_for_TIFF_files

If you would like to help with any of the above, please contact me at
<daniel.kinzler AT wikimedia.de> and provide the following information:
* Your real name and country of residence
* How you plan to go about implementing the desired function
* Any experience working with MediaWiki
* How many working hours you would spend on it, and how much you ask for it
* In what time frame you would be able to do the job

This information is also available at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMDE_contract_offers

Thanks you all for your interest!

-- daniel