[Mediawiki-l] upgrade advice and help

Dale (Inquisitor Betrayer) dale at inquisitorbetrayer.com
Thu Apr 9 19:09:32 UTC 2009

It might help this wiki if I upgrade it. I am having a lot of spam problems.
I did read the notes on upgrade and I am not all that clear on it. Here is
the installed and running wiki
http://aim.alienearmusic.com/aimw/index.php/Main_Page . It has been up for a
few years and I think I upgraded once before.
Right now it's info is :
MediaWiki: 1.5beta3
PHP: 5.2.5 (apache)
MySQL: 5.0.67-community

My questions are :
1. What steps do I need to do to upgrade it to the current version?
2. I understand I need to backup the files and database, that I will do via
my hosting panels for it. Other than that, what do I need to do to prep it
for upgrade?

note I do not have shell access to the server, so I need to upgrade via web
interface

dale

band web pages
Inquisitor Betrayer
"Space Elevator" Get it at http://cdbaby.com/cd/inquisitorbetrayer
http://www.inquisitorbetrayer.com ,
http://www.myspace.com/inquisitorbetrayer ,
http://www.musicforte.com/member/ib_staff and
Angel's Wings www.myspace.com/lorrainekay
iTunes
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=200365877

New group for Serious Musicians, Serious_Musicians at yahoogroups.com, for
those
who want to spend less time marketing and more time making music

Escuchen a los Inquisitor - Musica para Inteligentes.
 Music is nothing if the audience is deaf.