[Mediawiki-l] Sarel's question about access [was: Re:Offline Readers?]

Christensen, Courtney ChristensenC at BATTELLE.ORG
Thu Apr 9 18:08:59 UTC 2009

2009/4/9 Sarel Wesssels (Agri Wiki) <swessels at agriwiki.co.za>:
> What is the easiest why to let all users register, to get a username and
> password, and then they will be able to change or edit articles on a wiki.
>
> Currently all articles are 'open' and anyone, without logging in, can
> change these articles. But the risk involved in that is getting bigger
> everyday.
>
> Should we change all articles protection to 'block new and unregistered
> users'?

Hi Sarel,

You will probably also get just a little bigger response if you start a new thread for your questions.  (Or at least change the subject.)

Courtney Christensen