[Mediawiki-l] FlaggedRevs with custom skin

Javier Bezos jbezos at fundeu.es
Wed Apr 8 06:52:26 UTC 2009

Hi Platonides,

> >> We need to adapt FlaggedRevs to our custom skin.
> >
> > After further investigating, I realized many things are hardcoded, so I
> > presume I have to hack the FlaggedRevs files :-(. Before doing that,
> > do you know a better approach?

> Well, I didn't find the flaggedrevs at that page. Just the text
> 'Supervisado' which is already into the 'infobar' (I thought you fixed
> it), so don't know what you're trying to accomplish.

That's an example of where the revision box should be placed. The
new version is being currently tested internally.

By default, FlaggedRevs places the box after the title, in the article
body. I managed to move it using JS with DOM, but this is far from
satisfactory for a couple of reasons: non-esssential info before the
article (bad for SEO, because search engines usually ignore JS), and,
well, it's just a JS hack, after all.

For the moment I could live with it (and hopefully users), but it
happens FlaggedRevs forces a hardcoded markup based on a table
and some explicit format (with the style attribute). You can see it in
FlaggedRevsXML.php, function prettyRatingBox.

Javier