[Mediawiki-l] SpamBlacklist does not keep spambot away

Samuel Richardson sam at richardson.co.nz
Tue Sep 30 06:41:07 UTC 2008

It's a pretty narrow view to take of Captchas. As I said before, the
reCaptcha plug-in still allows anonymous edits, it only requires code entry
if that captcha has an external link or the visitor is trying to create a
new user on the wiki.

I run a reasonably popular wiki, around 2000 visitors per day, and I've
never had a single spam edit since I installed the plug-in a couple of years
ago.

Thanks,

Samuel Richardson
Freelance Web Developer