[Mediawiki-l] job opening: web programmer for OpenCongress.org

David Moore drm at ppolitics.org
Fri Sep 26 02:57:03 UTC 2008

To the MediaWiki list-serv,

OpenCongress.org, a public resource website for tracking the U.S.
Congress, is seeking a MediaWiki programmer to join our open-source
development team.

OpenCongress is going wiki. We’re excited to give our user community the
ability to contribute wiki knowledge about Congress.

The main purpose of this role is to integrate MediaWiki alongside our
existing Ruby on Rails code. The ideal candidate would have significant
working experience with both semantic MediaWiki and Ruby on Rails.
Experience with a postgres database is good too, but not required.

This is a part-time position lasting at least three months, with the
potential to continue. Applicants can telecommute, but being based in
either NYC or D.C. is a plus. Applicants can work for us days or nights
– we’re open to various arrangements – but days are preferred. Salary
will be negotiated depending on experience and availability.

OpenCongress is a young project and growing rapidly. The site is a
non-profit, non-partisan project of the Sunlight Foundation and the
Participatory Politics Foundation (PPF). Our mission is to open up
government, combat corruption, and increase civic engagement. We work
with top-notch talent committed to building a new degree of transparency
in government. Our development process is user-focused, collaborative,
and agile.

For more, please visit ::

http://www.opencongress.org/

http://sunlightfoundation.com/

http://participatorypolitics.org/

###

To apply ::

Send a brief note about yourself, why you want to work on OpenCongress,
and some links to code you've written to David Moore, Project Manager:
drm at ppolitics.org. Thanks!

--
David Moore
drm at ppolitics.org