[Mediawiki-l] Hide specific/unused namespaces from « Search in Namespaces » box

Wikimini webmaster at wikimini.org
Wed Sep 24 22:05:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

First, sorry for my poor english.

I've created a wiki for children and the « Search in Namespaces » box brings
too much confusion for them. Namespaces like « MediaWiki  »,
them.

 I would like some namespaces NOT TO BE SHOWN in the « Search in
Namespaces » box. I've been looking all over the Internet but didn't find
any solution. $wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault>doens
not seem to do what I need. I
surely could do that by customizing the SpecialSearch.php page but I'm not
sure what to do exactly. I would be very grateful to anyone who could help
me manage that.

I'm using Mediawiki 1.13

Kind regards.

Laurent