[Mediawiki-l] problems with image thumbnailing

Zürcher Sebastian sebastian.zuercher at informaticon.ch
Mon Sep 22 14:31:24 UTC 2008

Hello

I use Image-Magick to convert images. If I try to convert a image which contains special chars in the filename I get this error:

Unable to open file (/var/www/wiki/images/4/46/Sper_Tst.png)

The mediawiki filename is "Süper Töst.png". In the wikipedia-project it works with filenames containing umlauts or other special chars.
How have they solved this problem, or what is your solution?

I look forward to hearing from you.

About my installation:
MediaWiki        1.13.1 (r41148)
PHP                 5.2.6-0.dotdeb.1 (apache2handler)
PostgreSQL     PostgreSQL 8.3.3, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400
OS                   Debian Linux Etch

Greets
Sebastian Zürcher