[Mediawiki-l] problems with IE6 and mediawiki 1.11

Kathleen Cooch Kathleen.Cooch at dominos.com
Thu Sep 18 16:42:24 UTC 2008

looking for help with a saving issue using ie6
I'm getting reports from 2 of my users that when they try to save an article
ie6 complains that's it's 'encountered an error and must close'
I have tested the page they're working on with ie6, ie7 and firefox without any
issues on my end
has anyone else encountered this?

I did find a notation on wikimedia about ie6 'Internet Explorer 6 deletes any
page longer than 32k when saving'
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Browser_issues_with_Wikipedia
Is this still a bug and is there a workaround?

My users are not allowed to use any browser except ie6

thanks in advance for any help
kate