[Mediawiki-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] More on Tables

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:28:27 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <WJhonson at aol.com>
Date: 2008/9/16
Subject: [WikiEN-l] More on Tables
To: wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org

So being at-heart a consummate traitor, I've been toying around at Knol,  and
also at Google Sites and at Pbwiki.  I was just updating a page tonight  on
my Knol user-page when I realized that Knol has a rather nice  "table
creator/editor".  I've used it a few times, but it was always  sort-of
"blah whatever"
until I had to tonight actually move
cell-contents-with-their-associated-LINKS around in a table.

It was... quite simple, with no hidden problems.  Can we not get that  in the
next MediaWiki upgrade go-round ?  It would so simplify the  beautification
of tabular data and ease the transition for editors who can't  quite get their
minds wrapped around our current bizarre and  unique table-coding.  The number
of editors we have who understand how  to create and maintain in-wiki tables
is quite minute, and this WYSIWIG editor  just makes it all very transparent
and easy.

Will Johnson