[Mediawiki-l] Upgrading to 1.13

Jim Sutton jimsuttonuk at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 15 10:42:12 UTC 2008

Hi everyone. I've just upgraded our wiki to 1.13 from 1.11. I used the web
installer to perform the upgrade and left the option for 'Database
character set' as MySQL 4.1/5.0 binary. After running the upgrade, which was
successful, I noticed that I received a warning message 'Warning: you
requested the mysql5-binary schema, but the existing database has the mysql4
schema. This upgrade script can't convert it, so it will remain mysql4.'

Should I be worried about this warning message and do I need to do anything
to correct it? The wiki seems to be running fine after upgrading to 1.13 so
maybe everything is OK.

Anyway thanks for your help in advance.

Jim Sutton