[Mediawiki-l] TableEdit

Dr JFBurté burtejf at orange.fr
Thu Sep 11 10:18:53 UTC 2008

Hi Terry
Installing TableEdit was not quiet for me too, so I'll give here My own
experience
I made a first install last week on my localhost (XP/Windows + WAMP) and not
a update
My first install failed (even with a good download of the good files in the
right directory ...)

I found the solution in the README file that comes with the .tgz file, and
not in the pages of the site
Then I choose to simply cut/copy the .sql lines into my phpmyadmin rather
than to run the script ( cause I effectively met some bugs with the line
command and the format of the path, that mixed the /../ and the \..\)
Then I had to correct some errors with "," in sql lines, to avoid sql error
warnings

And only after these corrections the datatables were created and the whole
extension works fine
PS : only write <newTableEdit></newTableEdit> in a page to begin a new
"editable table" ... I believe it's bad to put directly something between
the tags before to launch the extension ;O)
@+ de jfb "0.02$"