[Mediawiki-l] Custom Namespace Categories

Dr JFBurté burtejf at orange.fr
Tue Sep 9 07:38:06 UTC 2008

> If I have a page named "SB:STRING()" and want to assign it to the "SB
> Category:String Functions" category, everything is grouped under "S" due

Hello,
... perharpsIi don't understand very well what you need, but ..
I think you should better follow the normal use of the Category spacename
This spacename is natural in MW, like Template or Help, and no need to
redeclare it. It comes with some naturally specific behaviors. And you can
so use some extensions like <categorytree>. Sure it seems more "dirty"
because you have in a second time to "chain" those category (a new little
bit of work !) pages to construct the good tree

= put "[[Category:String functions|xx]]" in each yours "SB:String()" pages
+ and forget to use $wgExtraNamespaces[126] = "SB_Category";
The "|xx" in [[Category:String functions|xx]] should display more ordered
list when consulting the Category page, with alphabetics range (A .. B .. C,
etc)

@+ de jfb "0.02$", hope that helps