[Mediawiki-l] Edit Links in MW 1.13

Ulrich Althaus ulrich.althaus at triagnosys.com
Thu Sep 4 07:22:32 UTC 2008

Hello,

up to now we are still using mediawiki 1.5. I wanted to upgrade to 1.13.
So I made a test installation, which is giving me just one problem.
In our current version you are only allowed to edit an article when you
are logged in but anyone can read it. And I plan to keep it that way.
In 1.5, when you are not logged in you can see all the edit links in an
article and clicking one will bring you to the login page.
In 1.13 these edit links are not available when you are not logged in,
which seems to annoy the test users quite a bit as our articles are
quite long.
Can anyone help me to get the edit links back and redirect them to the
login page, if the user is not logged in? Or maybe turn them into login
links?

Regards,
Ulrich

Ulrich Althaus
TriaGnoSys GmbH
Argelsrieder Feld 22
D-82234 Wessling-Oberpfaffenhofen
Germany

Tel: +49 8153 88678-218
Fax:+49 8153 88678-1

email: Ulrich.Althaus at triagnosys.com
www: http://www.triagnosys.com
TriaGnoSys GmbH, Registergericht: München HRB 141647, Vat. :DE 813396184
Geschäftsführer: Matthias Holzbock, Dr. Axel Jahn, Dr. Markus Werner

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the material from any computer. Thank you for your cooperation.