[Mediawiki-l] Several error url related [SOLVED]

Giuseppe Briotti g.briotti at mclink.it
Tue Oct 21 22:47:22 UTC 2008

Well... it was more simple than expected...

1. the problem was the charset of the exported db obtained by the server
   host via phpMyAdmin. The server default charset is utf8, the database
   charset is latin1. The resulting file is utf8 (performing a conversion).

2. on localhost the phpMyAdmin reported the same server charset settings
   (utf8). But... checking the charset via mysql console by "status"
   command I discover that the server charset is latin1.

3. thus, to have the backward conversion from utf8 to latin1, I started
   a mysql session setting the default charset:

   mysql -h localhost -u root -p --default-character-set=utf8

   then I used the "source" command to execute the script and it works.

Hope this will help someone...

Thanks again Platonides...

G.

--