[Mediawiki-l] Several error url related

Giuseppe Briotti g.briotti at mclink.it
Tue Oct 21 17:52:41 UTC 2008

Well, Mikey, probably I was not clear due to my poor english... (and
probably is due to my poor english that your post seems offensive
to me...)

I had several problem in a local box (strange url behaviour, php error)...

Thanks to platonides I fixed the php errors, simply due to a not enough
mem resources...

After several tests the url problem seems to be related to the charset
encoding in MySQL tables due to the export-import procedure. After the
db export, I've found something that sounds like an inconsistency:

The word in the page name is Capacità... I've found the same word in
a wiki link. Two word are not "written" in the same way (as example, if
I export with hex encoding I see the difference showed in my previous
post). After the import in the local db, the internal link in the page
is written in the same way BUT the page name is changed... thus the link
"ask" for a new page to be created...

This problem, IMHO, concerns the interaction between MySQL, phpMyAdmin
and the MediaWiki db structure... and, of course, something I'm missing.

G.

--

Giuseppe Briotti
g.briotti at mclink.it