[Mediawiki-l] Special logins for wikis

Catherine Buck Morgan Cmorgan at statelibrary.sc.gov
Mon Oct 13 15:14:01 UTC 2008

We are working with two different but similar issues here.

We have one wiki set up that is supposed to be public, but one group of
users needs to have a private section. We set up a namespace for that
section, but we can't figure out how to create pages for that namespace.
We don't want any other users to see that namespace, except those that
will be editing it. I'm thinking that those requiring access to that
namespace would be manually added?

We have a request for a wiki that would be entirely private, for a
specific group of gov't users. For that one, I believe all registrations
would be manually approved, and no pages can be seen unless the user is
logged in.

Are we on the right track here? Is there anything special we should have
loaded out? We are running

Thanks very much!

--
Catherine Buck Morgan
Director, Division of Innovation & Technology
cmorgan at statelibrary.sc.gov
www.statelibrary.sc.gov

The South Carolina State Library is a national model for innovation,
collaboration, leadership and effectiveness.  It is the keystone in
South Carolina's intellectual landscape.