[Mediawiki-l] Urgent: Erase all user options preferences

Jonah Bossewitch mrenoch at phantomcynthetics.com
Thu Oct 2 15:13:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have had to bulk update user options in the past as well and wrote a
short python script that iterates over all the users and sets the
options.  It's not generalized yet (this was a one-off), so you would
need to change the code slightly to connect to the db and set specific
options, but its simple enough that this isn't too cumbersome.

I guess its goofy to have rewritten the de/coding in another language,
but the user option blob was simple enough and I just needed to do this
once.

hope that helps,
/Jonah