[Mediawiki-l] Login problem when accessing the wiki from outside the LAN

Daniel Herzig daniel.im.inetz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 07:11:27 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a wiki running on a server inside a LAN.
Login is required. The wiki works fine and when accessing it from inside the
LAN. There are no problems.

Now, I want to make it accessible from the web.
I got an url pointing to the wiki. That works also.
I can see the Main_Page, Login page and I get correctly redirected to the
Login page when I try to access every other page.

The problem comes when I try to login. When I submit my user+pwd, I get
redirected to the Login page again.
Regardless what information I enter as login, I get the Login page again, no
login error or any other message.
It works fine when I access it from inside the network.

I tried to set $wgServer and $wgServerName to my url (domainname) in the
LocalSettings.php, but it didn't change anything.

Somebody has an idea what to do?
Do I have to set another variable?

Thank you,

Daniel