[Mediawiki-l] Offline wikipedia installation with mwimport question

Axel Etzold AEtzold at gmx.de
Sat Nov 22 20:36:26 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I am trying to set up a multilanguage Wikipedia for offline use from xml dumps using
mediawiki. To do this, I have downloaded dumps from wikimedia foundation and  tried to set up
a Mysql server following the instructions given here:

http://modzer0.cs.uaf.edu/~dev2c/wiki/How_to_mirror_Wikipedia

I managed to go all the way through these instructions, and the mwimport line

(where <database name> was wikidb).

finished without errors. But I can't find my (Danish) wikipedia now !