[Mediawiki-l] please add me to your mailing list!

Lyndie Chiou lyndie at researchpipeline.com
Mon Nov 17 18:57:30 UTC 2008

Sorry to spam everyone with my add request.

I had a question - I'm a newbie to mediawiki & I installed the program (v.
1.13.2) successfully to my website: www.researchpipeline.com.

But when I went to www.researchpipeline.com/mediawiki (where it was
installed), it just gives me the message that I need to set up mediawiki
first! I tried setting it up again with the exact same result. No error
messages or anything. I then went and looked at my website's error logs in
cPanel and found the following messages (the time-stamp was around the same
time I was manually installing mediawiki, but I don't know if these errors
are related):

File does not exist: /home/lyndi1/public_html/researchpipeline/404.shtml
File does not exist:
/home/lyndi1/public_html/researchpipeline/www.rapidminer.com/
File does not exist: /home/lyndi1/public_html/404.shtml
File does not exist: /home/lyndi1/public_html/robots.txt

Here's the output file mediawiki gave me after installation:
    * PHP 5.2.6 installed
    * Found database drivers for: MySQL PostgreSQL SQLite
    * PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * Warning: A value for session.save_path has not been set in PHP.ini. If
the default value causes problems with saving session data, set it to a
valid path which is read/write/execute for the user your web server is
running under.
    * PHP's memory_limit is 32M.
    * Couldn't find Turck MMCache, eAccelerator, APC or XCache; cannot use
these for object caching.
    * GNU diff3 not found.
    * Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled
if you enable uploads.
    * Installation directory:
/home/lyndi1/public_html/researchpipeline/mediawiki
    * Script URI path: /mediawiki
    * Installing MediaWiki with php file extensions
    * Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
    * Warning: $wgSecretKey key is insecure, generated with mt_rand().
Consider changing it manually.
    *

      Generating configuration file...
    * Database type: MySQL
    * Attempting to connect to database server as lyndi1_wikiuser...success.
    * Connected to 5.0.51a-community; enabling MySQL 4.1/5.0 charset mode
    * Database lyndi1_wikidb exists
    * Creating tables... done.
    * Initializing statistics...
    * Created sysop account wikisysop.
    *

      Creating LocalSettings.php...

      Installation successful! Move the config/LocalSettings.php file to the
parent directory, then follow this link to your wiki.