[Mediawiki-l] I want a thermometer!

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Mon Nov 10 20:45:29 UTC 2008

I see on Wikipedia a cool horizontal "fund raising thermometer" on
every page.

I looked at the generated source for the page, and looked through the
Javascript that is downloaded from other files, but I cannot figure
out how that is done, which puzzles me a bit.

I need to do a similar thing on one of the MediaWiki sites I run.

Any suggestions for integrating a fund raising thermometer into
MediaWiki? Can anyone explain to me how it is done on Wikipedia?

Thanks!

:::: Discomfort, especially ethical discomfort, is a healthy
alternative to ideological certainty. -- David Holmgren ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::