[Mediawiki-l] Installation problems 1.12.0, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Darren VanBuren onekopaka at gmail.com
Fri May 30 05:42:09 UTC 2008

localhost will usually attempt to use the mysql socket, which in
Leopard's PHP is /var/mysql/mysql.sock, as apposed to /tmp/mysql.sock,
so that's why using localhost does not work.

as for creating the user, i don't know what to say. try an SQLite
install. That's what i did. Then i found out how to get PHP to work
with my copy of MySQL.