[Mediawiki-l] Remote Users submitted pages become blank previews

Dan Horne Dan.Horne at MeridianEnergy.co.nz
Thu May 29 03:56:57 UTC 2008

Hi

I've implemented a remote authentication scheme using both the
Auth_remoteuser extension and the extension outlined in
http://www.raskas.be/blog/2006/11/17/mediawiki-remote-user-authenticatio
n/. However, in both cases, I encounter the following problem: When I
edit a page and submit the changes, instead of posting the change,
Mediawiki presents an empty preview page (i.e. the page's content is
missing). If I save the preview, the original content is lost. Does
anyone know why I am getting an empty preview page? My environment:

Mediawiki 1.12
Apache 2.0.61 on Windows.
mod_auth_sspi to populate the REMOTE_USER variable.
IE v6.

Note: If I use Firefox, I get prompted with a login box (I guess it
doesn't do automatic NTML integration), but the submit problem does not
occur

Any help appreciated

Dan

Attention:

This email together with any attachments is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please delete the
 message and notify the sender. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and will not
necessarily reflect the views of Meridian Energy.

************** PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING *************