[Mediawiki-l] Semantic mailing list somewhat reluctant

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Wed May 28 09:05:43 UTC 2008

Hi all,

When I try to post to Semantic Mediawiki's mailing list my mails gets
rejected with the following message in "Undelivered Mail Returned to
Sender":

    <semediawiki-devel at lists.sourceforge.net <http://mail.rilnet.com/src/compose.php?send_to=semediawiki-devel%40lists.sourceforge.net>>: host
    mail.sourceforge.net[66.35.250.206] said: 550-Postmaster verification
    failed while checking <rolf.lampa at rilnet.com <http://mail.rilnet.com/src/compose.php?send_to=rolf.lampa%40rilnet.com>> 550-(result of earlier
    verification reused). 550-Several RFCs state that you are required to
    have a postmaster 550-mailbox for each mail domain. This host does not
    accept mail 550-from domains whose servers reject the postmaster address.
    550 Sender verify failed (in reply to RCPT TO command)

What is "550-Several RFCs", and what does "postmaster 550-mailbox" mean?

I tried to post the message placed at the end of this post. Perhaps
someone here knows the answer or can give a hint how I can post it in
the appropriate mailing list .

Regards,

// Rolf Lampa

    Hi all,

    Being new to Semantic Mediawiki I'm trying out things. I
    now need to pick single values from properties on a
    Settings page.

    How do I ask in order to get a single value, as opposed
    to a list of values. Example: Data exist on a page named
    and categorized as SystemSettings:

    SystemSettings:
    ------------------------------------
    * [[Company_name::<name>]]
    * [[Founded_in::<year>]]
    * etc.

    [[Category:SystemSettings]]
    ------------------------------------

    Now, from another page I'd like to retrieve and display the
    value of the property SystemSettings->Company_name, using a
    template for formatting, like so (somehow asking for the
    value, I don't know how though...):

    ------------------------------------
    {{get property value|companyname=
      {{#ask: ...<single settings page> and its
        property <company name?>...
      }}
    }}

    How can I "pick" a single value from a property on a
    particular page?

    Is there any documentation page out there with a complete
    reference explaining the syntax for different use cases like
    this?

    Regards,

    // Rolf Lampa