[Mediawiki-l] removing sidebar + search bottom mainpage

Rein rein at livingtale.nl
Fri May 23 14:03:54 UTC 2008

Only the search fascility at the sidebar is of use to me.
Therefore I would like to remove it completely and add the searchform at the bottem of the main page.

I did a search on the archives, tried to use the Wikimedia:sidebar and tried by triall and error in monobook.php, but with no luck.
A complete new skin like those of PaulGuWiki is too much change: I like the style of monobook.
I installed DynamicSkin but can't find out how it works.

The modification  I want sounds so easy ... can anyone help?
Rein