[Mediawiki-l] Question about new hook "MediaWikiPerformAction" being added in version 1.13...

hoggwild5 hoggwild5 at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 21:15:42 UTC 2008

Question about the new hook 'MediaWikiPerformAction'
that resides in MediaWiki::performAction():

Is there a reason that we're not passing the MediaWiki
class itself as a parameter with the other class
objects ($output, $article, $title, $user, $request)
in this hook?

Since this hook is in the MediaWiki class, and its
purpose is to potentially override the ordinary
actions in the performActions() method, it makes sense
to me to pass the MediaWiki class object to the hook;
otherwise I can't see how it can be used without using
"global $mediaWiki;" inside the hook itself (which
seems a little redundant to me...:/).

Can we add it?