[Mediawiki-l] Using External Links in a Skin

Andrew Darby darby.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 19 20:01:30 UTC 2008

Hello, all.  This seems obvious, but I couldn't find an answer on the
internets or in a quick look at the list archive, so:

In a new skin, working with skins/MonoBook.php (say), how do I put in
navigational links to external sites?  It seems that any links I hard
code get wiped out by some javascript fairies, and I'm wondering if
there is some way to override or work around this?

MediaWiki 	1.12.0rc1
PHP 	           5.1.6 (apache2handler)
MySQL 	         5.0.24a-community-nt

I just want to have my own header with a few tabs linking to thinks
outside the wiki.

Thanks,

agd